Saturday, January 28, 2012

Faith

It's what makes games so much fun.  Type doesn't matter, it can be a board game, or even a video game, but when you're playing a game you can always just start over.  It's as simply as pressing the on/off button, or clearing the board, saying restart and poof, let's try this again.  And sure, maybe your bummed because you can't get past the current level, or maybe it's that you're playing Uno, you can't get the right color and the draw four never reaches your hand.  Whatever the case, shoot, just start over, no big deal.

Life, and no, I'm talking about the board game, or the cereal, but hold up wait, the cereal.  I could go for some of that right now.  As a kid, I always loved the cinnamon flavored life.  Oh boy, that was some good stuff.  Oh shoot, now i'm talking cereal and I better stay focused or I'll start asking if y'all like the orignal Cheerios or Honey Nut Cheerios better?  Really, answer that...ok just kidding.

In real life, we have to endure the struggles, realizing that these things, in the end, will only make us better-stronger people.  I'm horrible at this realization, I role my eyes and think oh boy, here we go again.  When, or will this ever get easier.  I know what I want, where I want to go, but, well, its not about me or what I want.  Father, what is it that you want for me.  I can keep playing this game, always in need of the on/off switch, always needing to restarte.  And really, that's great about our friend Jesus Christ, in that he's always here with open arms allowing us a restart in him.  I just know that i'm ready to start that difference making, being that person that isn't reliant on the restart.  This isn't a game, this is a life and I proudly and with confidence, want to always be representing my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 

It's when in that game, I can just restart, but in life, there needs to be a reliance on my faith.  Do I have faith?  Well if I do, then I need to show it!  When Jesus calmed the storm, he asked his disciples, "Where is your faith?" So yes, trials might be hard and challenging, but I know that Jesus will never put me in a situation in which I can't overcome, win, defeat that which is trying to bring me down. In fact, we're told in Luke 1:37 "For nothing is impossible with God." When that challenge comes, and I know it will, hello, nothing, absolutely nothing is impossible with our, my God!

But I know that I need to have a much-much greater faith.  "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.  Through their faith, the in days of old earned a good repuation." In Hebrews 11 I am reminded about great examples of faith, and it's time that I stop looking for that refresh button in life, step up to the plate and show God that yes, I know that with him I can do anything.  And maybe I need to flip back to one of my favorite verses in Psalm to remember that with the faith and patience, those are things i'm told it takes for me to hear what exactly Christ has for me.  Psalm 37:7 tells me, "Be still in the presences of the Lord, and wait patiently for himn to act.  Don't worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes."

Please father, use me!  May my faith be be grounded in you!

By the way, nothing beats a good bowl of the Original Cheerios.  I didn't say you couldn't add some jazz to the bowl....do what you gotta do!

No comments:

Post a Comment