Friday, January 13, 2012

This Little Light of Mine...

Maybe it's actually happened, but i've never seen, or heck, i've never heard of a community that exist from a solo unit. Sorry, I got a little nervous there about that statment, but after talking to my bud Webster, I found some words that show me yes, a community takes the gathering of more than just one individual. 

A community is a unified body of individuals, peeople with common interest living in a particular area, an academic community or joint ownwership-participation.

So basically, you aren't a community, but you & you, and oh wait, you over there, you too, with all of y'all, yes, we've got ourselves a community. 

I was even told this back in the day. It was my freshman year, or wait, actually it was my sophmore year @Southern Adventist University. SAU is a great school, however, it's true, you've gotta attend so many worships each semester.  At the time I was dating this girl who was living on the OBT, Orlando, Florida.  I felt that our worships that took place via the phone, they should be counted toward my worship total.  Makes sense, right?

Shoot, i'm glad that y'all agree with me. Well, Dean Negron didn't, and unfortunantly that's all that mattered. And while yes, there was more than just one person involved in our worships, I was directed into the gospel, Matthew 18:20.

It's here that we're taught, "For when two or three gather togther as my followers, I am there among them."

And no, I didn't get it then and while leaving his office on that day, i'm pretty for sure that my muted response was "yea, whatever!!" (I'm pretty for sure I had to pay a chapel fine that semester for missing to many worships)

But now, yea, I think I get it, or at least i'm growing closer to better understanding all of this.

Sure, in one way or another, i've always been a part of a community. Now I'm not saying that all these communities were good ones, cause they weren't, but i'm saying I get this whole community thing. I am thankful that my Lord and Savior has allowed me to leave those communities, but to join another where he's an active member.

While we  all may not be close in regards to miles apart, i've been blessed with great God loving, fearing friends for my community.

We've got what you couldl say is a very good and positive synergy going on. Synergy refers to a combined or cooperative action, function.

I've now been blessed with having wonderful people in my life.  They were always there, but before I wasn't looking, I didn't care.

It's now, because I feel something different with this energy, a true love, that I hold them dear to my heart. Because were with Christ, we're building an amazing team of believers. We're a part of this amazing community because we understand what Christ is talking about in Matthew 5:13-16. As a group, together physically or apart, we're able to bring a special flavor to the world around us. But remember, not as individuals but as a team, 'together.'

We've all got that light shining ability.  I pray that our lights shine so that eventually, our brightness is combined with others, while the darkness is then pushed out. That our lives will reflect that childhood jingle, this little light of mine, i'm gonna let it shine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment